Call for special symposiums
IUPESM World Congress has an excellent track record over the years for organizing Special Symposiums in new or emerging areas in biomedical engineering and medical physics. For the World Congress 2022, we are seeking proposals for Special Symposiums that complement the regular programme of the congress. Special Symposiums should be focused and provide both an overview of the state-of-the-art, as well as highlight the most promising research directions, trends and challenges in the proposed fields.
HOW TO PROPOSE A SPECIAL SYMPOSIUM
- Complete a proposal form that is available here.
- Send the proposal form to Congress Secretariat via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: IUPESM WC2022 Special Symposium Proposal.
- Special Symposium Organisers are to ensure the availability of invited speakers. Should there be changes to the invited speakers, kindly inform the Congress Secretariat.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE SPECIAL SYMPOSIUMS
- All Special Symposium Proposals will be reviewed by the Congress Scientific Committee.
- All invited speakers will have to submit their abstracts via the congress website. The abstracts should conform to the formatting and electronic submission guidelines of IUPESM WC2022 congress abstract submission system. Abstracts will undergo the usual review process.
- For Special Symposiums that are undersubscribed, the Congress Scientific Committee will make an effort to identify other related regular submissions to complete the Symposium.
- If a Special Symposium is seriously undersubscribed, it may be cancelled, in which case, the accepted papers will be placed in the regular scientific programme.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES – SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
- Special Symposium proposals due: 30 August 2021 (the proposals submitted before the deadline will be evaluated continuously and organisers will be notified accordingly)
- Final deadline of notification of acceptance of Special Symposiums: 30 September 2021
IMPORTANT DEADLINES – SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACT
- Submission of abstracts for the Special Symposiums: 10 December 2021
IMPORTANT DEADLINE – REGISTRATION
- In order for an abstract to be accepted for presentation, all invited symposium speakers must pay the full registration fee. Deadline for registration fee payment for inclusion of the abstract in the Programme: 28 February 2022.
- Certificate will be issued to Invited Speakers upon completion of presentation at the congress.
If you have any inquiries, please contact email@example.com
Below is the latest list of Special Symposiums that has been accepted:
- Advances in Liquid Biopsies
- Bioelectronic Technologies, Diagnostics, and Therapies
- Biomaterials in Food
- Biomedical Advances in Micro-, Nano- and Digital Technologies
- Computational Methods for Sport and Musculoskeletal Injuries Biomechanics
- Confinement Mechanobiology
- Cyber-medical systems and robot-assisted surgery
- Engineering Biology for Human Health and Sustainability
- Gradient hydrogel systems for studying cell-matrix interactions
- Materials for Immuno-engineering
- Modeling, Simulation and Machine Learning in Biomedical Engineering
- Robotic intelligence for biomedical engineering
- Soft Robotics in Healthcare
- Technology-enhanced strategies for long term learning / Design thinking for novel medical device development
- Wearable health technology
NOTE: This list is updated as of 22 June 2021.